SUMMER MUSIC INFO & CHALLENGE
All students challenge with their current level music
(ex. Orch 2 plays Orch 2 summer excerpt to tryout for an Orch 3 spot)
The summer packet of music will be our initial playing test for all students in the second week of school.
Submit a video in the event that if a student withdraws over the summer in the next higher orchestra for your instrument and you would like to compete for this opening (only a few students could move up).
June - July:
- Practice all of your summer excerpts, starting at slow tempos and working your way to the metronome tempo listed.
- Practice the listed scales at quarter note = 60.
- If you are a current LVA student and didn't get at least 13/20 points on memory in your May jury, then finish memorizing.
On July 22nd - check here for the Scales and Excerpts for those who wish to challenge. Follow the instructions at the bottom by July 28th.
Orchestra 1 Scale & Excerpts:
Orchestra 2 Scale & Excerpts:
Orchestra 3 Scale & Excerpts:
By the end of day, July 28th:
- Video the scale and excerpts above for your currently assigned orchestra level. Use 1 track - like it is a playing test at school. Make sure that your metronome is clearly audible.
- Video your May Jury - away from any stand/music to show that it is memorized (this is only for those who didn't receive at least 12 memory points in May).
- Upload to YouTube, Dropbox, Google Drive (or similar online storage).
Email the link of your video to Mr. McAllister at email@example.com And Mrs. Springer at firstname.lastname@example.org by the end of the day on July 28th.
Eric McAllister & Lindsey Springer